• How to create DISTINCT, believable characters who are rich in DEPTH and DETAIL, including inner (personality) and outer (appearance) traits.
• Why your main character must have personality FLAWS—even if she or he is essentially a good person—and how to develop them so that readers will be able to empathize with and relate to your character.
• How to develop a relevant BACKSTORY AND WORLDVIEW for your characters and how to reveal them over time in your novel to avoid slowing down momentum in the story.
• How to discover your THEME as you write and allow it to unfold without getting heavy-handed (a big no-no).
• How to create a CHARACTER ARC so that your main character evolves over the course of your novel and feels more authentic.
Here is what you get--
Connie Briscoe is the author of seven novels and one novella.
Her first novel, Sisters and Lovers, sold wildly all across the globe including in England, France and Japan. It appeared on many bestseller lists such as the Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, Boston Globe, USA Today, and Essence magazine. To date, more than 100,000 hardcover and 500,000 paperback copies have sold.
Her other novels have hit many bestseller lists as well, including the New York Times.
Early in 2017 she began to teach the craft of fiction writing online, and since then dozens of students have passed through the gates, She hopes to see many more in the months and years ahead. "I've been fortunate. I want to help as many aspiring authors as I can to reach their writing goals and dreams."
Connie Briscoe loves to travel, spend time with her family and friends and craft jewelry.
Learn more about Connie Briscoe on her website.
Join her Facebook group for authors and aspiring authors Chapters and Chocolate.
"This course allowed me to take the idea that existed in my head and bring it to life! I enjoyed building the main character, what she looked like, what she ate, what her childhood was like. I'm so appreciative of being able to get to know her intimately and tell her story."
— Michelle B.
"The instructional video was so easy to understand. She outlined the content clearly and logically. So, although the assignments no doubt stretched me in brand new ways, I genuinely looked forward to jumping into them."
"I have taken workshops over the years, but when Connie Briscoe instructed me on character development, it was illuminating! Inspiring!"
— Erin K.
Craft Your Characters is a self-study course that includes permanent access to online video lessons, handouts, worksheets and resources.
Available across all devices you own.
Photos by Ashleigh Bing Photography